|Information About Coconut Grove, Darwin|
The northern Darwin suburb of Coconut Grove is conveniently positioned only six kilometres from the Darwin International Airport and a short fifteen minute drive to the Darwin city centre. Interestingly Coconut Grove got its name from the large grove of coconut trees that are spread out along the coastal fringe of the area. It is a great place to stay for business travellers because of its close proximity to the airport and also for holiday travellers on a budget because it is near great shopping and all of the major attractions in Darwin. Coconut Grove is a regional hub in the north of Darwin and has a range of hotels and fully self contained serviced apartments that provide accommodation for all types of different travellers. In fact Coconut Grove has accommodation to suit the needs everyone including corporate executives, government employees, families relocating and holiday makers. The suburb of Coconut Grove is surrounded by a number of other smaller Darwin suburbs including Nightcliff, Bagot, Millner, Rapid Creek, Jingil, Alawa and Casuarina. The city centre of Coconut Grove incorporates the Nightcliff Shopping Centre which has numerous retail stores,food outlets, service related businesses and a large supermarket.
Coconut Grove Apartments
Staying at the Coconut Grove Holiday Apartments means that you will be placing yourself within close proximity to the popular Nightcliff Sunday markets, tennis courts, gold course and the Nightcliff Jetty. Also if you like to go for and morning or evening walk then the nearby coastal reserve is a great place for this. The Coconut Grove Holiday Apartments in Darwin is set amidst lush garden and has a range of studio, one, two and three bedroom serviced apartments that have been well appointed to make you feel as comfortable as possible without breaking your budget.
Address : 146 Dick Ward Drive , Darwin, 0801, Northern Territory
Map of Coconut Grove Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Coconut Grove
- The Charles Darwin National Park is only a short distance away from Coconut Grove and provides visitors to Darwin with an ideal place for a picnic or to take a relaxing bush walk. The park also features some great views of the Darwin city skyline and has a historic aspect which you will be able to explore during your visit.
- Just a short drive from Coconut Grove along McMillians Road will get you to Crocodylus Park. This popular Darwin attraction is where you can get up close to some large and fiercesome crocodiles, as well as see them as they are being fed by the trainers. You will see lots of other interesting animals at this park as well as learn a lot about their natural habitat.
- If you are interested in golf then you should play a round of golf at the nearby RAAF Golf Club during your stay in Coconut Grove. This quaint 9 hole golf course provides a great place to spend a relaxing afternoon during your holiday or business stay.
- If you head down to Sunset Park in the nearby suburb of Nightcliff you will be able to watch the beautiful sunset as it goes down over the Timor Sea each evening.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Coconut Grove
- Located in Darwin's north is Casuarina Square, which is Northern Territory's premier shopping destination. The shopping centre comprises of about 200 stores in one air-conditioned location. Here you will find a large variety of fashion boutiques, book stores, variety shops, food outlets and electrical outlets, as well as many major department stores.
- Located just a short distance from Coconut Grove is Darwin's premier sporting precinct, the Marrara Sporting Complex. Marrara features lots of different sporting feields including an Indoor Stadium, soccer, rugby, cricket and AFL football fields, tennis courts, hockey fields, athletics track and even an 18 hole golf course.
- The Nightcliff Markets has a wide range of stalls displaying everything from copper sculptures, hemp designer clothing and traditional Asian crafts through to furniture, clothing, gardening and collectables. The market is held every Sunday morning from 6am to about 2pm at Pavonia Place in the nearby suburb of Nightcliff.
- Right next to Coconut Grove is the Jape Homemaker Village which is a large shopping complex that has a range of stores selling all sorts of home wares, clothing, bedding, electrical and health and fitness equipment.