|Information About Palmerston, Darwin|
The best thing about Palmerston in the Northern Territory is that it was a very well planned city that is structured in such a way that everything is within easy reach and all of the roads are wide and relatively free of traffic. Palmerston is located on the outskirts of the city of Darwin itself, 21 kilometres south east of the Darwin CBD and 14 kilometres from the Darwin International Airport. Even though it is outside of Darwin itself the city of Palmerston still has a very strong shopping culture with the Palmerston Shopping Centre being the heart of all this. There are also lots of exciting places to eat in Palmerston, as well as enough things to see and do to keep everyone entertained. Plenty of business travellers choose to stay in Palmerston because it is closer to the industrial areas of Darwin, and so do families relocating to Darwin because of its relaxing village lifestyle. If you choose to stay in Palmerston during your next trip to Darwin you will be pleased to know that there are a number of hotels and fully self contained serviced apartments with very affordable accommodation to suit the needs and budget of any traveller. Another great advantage to staying in Palmerston is that the city has a network of approximately 32 kilometres of bicycle paths, most of which are lit for use during night time.
Quest Palmerston Serviced Apartments
The Quest Palmerston Apartments has a wide range of stylishly appointed and fully self contained serviced apartments that have all of the in-room facilities to make you feel right at home. This combined with a central location in Palmerston is what makes the Quest Palmerston the perfect accommodation choice for corporate travellers, people relocating to Darwin and holiday makers. With Studio, One, Two and Three bedroom apartments available and a host of resort style facilities this affordable property really must be experienced to be believed.
Address : 18 The Boulevard, Palmerston, Northern Territory, 0830
Map of Palmerston Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Palmerston
- The city of Palmerston is located on the way for many tour operators to the Northern Territory's 2 most popular tourist destinations, the Kakadu National Park and the Litchfield National Park. Both of these exceptional national parks have many marvellous natural wonders that you have to see to believe, and stayin in Palmerston you will be closer to them than anyone in Darwin.
- A short drive from Palmerston up the Stuart Highway and then along McMillians Road will will find Crocodylus Park. This popular Darwin attraction is where you can get close to large and fiercesome crocodiles, as well as see them as they are being fed by the trainers. You will see lots of other interesting animals at Crocodylus Park, as well as learn a lot about their natural habitat.
- Whilst staying in Palmerston you can head down to the Palmerston Leisure Centre and either play a game of tennis, go for a swimm in the olympic size swimming pool or take part in any number of different active programs that they run from this centre.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Palmerston
- If you are staying in Palmerston and you wish do do a spot of shopping then you will need to go to the Palmerston Shopping Centre, which is ideally located in the heart of this Darwin suburb. Here you will find a plenty of shops to suit your everyday needs including supermarkets, grocers, bakeries and banks, as well as many other boutique and specialist shops.
- Just a short walk from the heart of Palmerston is the Palmerston Golf and Country Club. The tropical golf course is beautifully tree lined and has lots of water hazards, so beware. It provides an oasis in the middle of the Top End and is a relaxing way to spend an afternoon with family or friends.
- Situated to the west of the Palmerston city centre is the Marlow Lagoon Recreation Area which has lots of walking, cycling and jogging trails located around it. These tracks provide a great place to go for a relaxing morning or evening walk or ride during your stay in Palmerston.
- Just a short drive from Palmerston on the way to the Darwin CBD you will find the Hidden Valley Raceway. This unique racing track draws motoring enthusiasts from all around the country to it, especially when it hoste one of the Northern Terriroty's premier sporting events, the V8 Supercars.