|Information About Parap, Darwin|
Located just 4 kilometres north of the Darwin CBD the suburb of Parap is a historical place that dates back to the start of the 20th centuary and nowdays is predominantly a residential suburb. Parap still, however has a very strong shopping culture and this is in evidence every day at the Parap Village, as well as the popular market that is held there every Saturday morning. Lots of corporate business travellers, government employees, families relocating and holiday makers choose to stay in the Darwin suburb of Parap because it has a relaxing village feel to it whilst still being close to the CBD and everything that Darwin has to offer. Parap is ideally positioned around the shores of Fannie Bay and the beach along this bay is an excellent place for a morning stroll or to watch the sun go down over the water. Parap has plenty of place to eat with some find dining restaurants serving fresh, locally caught seafood. It is also on the edge of the Darwin International Airport so travellers will find it easy to get to and from. Parap has a wide variety of hotels and fully self contained serviced apartments with very affordable accommodation to suit the needs and taste of any budget.
Casa on Gregory
One of the best things about staying at the Casa on Gregory Apartments is that it is well located close by to the Parap Village Market, the Mindil Beach Market, the Darwin Casino, golf courses, Fannie Bay and the Botanical Gardens. The Casa on Gregory Hotel in Darwin Hotel provides all sorts of travellers with a choice of Queen, Twin, Executive or Spa rooms that have all of the facilities in them to make you feel right at home. This makes the Casa on Gregory Hotel the perfect accommodation for both short and long term stays in Darwin.
Address : 52 Gregory Street, Parap 0820
When you choose to stay at the Quest Parap Serviced Apartments you will be ensuring that your stay in Darwin is both comfortable and enjoyable. The Quest Parap Apartments provides a real home away from home feeling with all of these self contained apartments being fully furnished with luxury fixtures and fittings, quality resort style facilities and a location in Parap that is second to none. For your convenience the Quest Parap has a selection of modern studio, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments to choose from, so there is sure to be something that suits your accommodation needs.
Address : 49 Parap Rd, Darwin, NT, 0820
Kingston Village Executive Apartments Darwin
The staff Kingston Village Executive Apartments are committed to priding both business and leisure travellers to Darwin with friendly and personal service that will ensure that all of your accommodations needs are met to a high standard. All of the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom self contained serviced apartments at the Kingston Village Executive Apartments have been well appointed with tasteful modern furnishings in order to ensure that your stay in Darwin is both comfortable and enjoyable.
Address : 3 Mitaros Place, Parap, Darwin, NT
Map of Parap Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Parap
- If you like the thrill of horse racing or love to gamble then the Fannie Bay Race Course, which is located next next to Parap, is a great place to visit. This race track holds regular meetings throughout the course of the year including the famous Darwin Cup.
- The Fannie Bay Gaol is positioned on the waterfront near Parap and provides travellers to Darwin with an historic look back into the past with informative displays of what it was like to be imprisoned in Darwin during the start of the 20th centuary.
- The Charles Darwin National Park is within easy reach from the Darwin suburb of Parap. This beautiful national park provides visitors with a great place to have a picnic or to take a relaxing bush walk around the area and get some lovely views of the Darwin city skyline.
- Just to the north of Parap you will find East Point, which has a range of attactions to suit all sorts of travellers. Firstly you can watch the beautiful sunset as it goes down over the Timor Sea, then you could take a walk along the Mangrove Boardwalk, explore the East Point Military Museum or enjoy a bite to eat and refreshing drink at Pee Wee's at the Point.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Parap
- If you are staying in Parap and you wish do do a spot of shopping then head down to Parap Village. Here you will find a unique shopping oasis tucked away in one of Darwin's trendiest suburbs, with 50 boutique and specialist shops, art galleries, essential services and eateries.
- The Parap Village Market is held every Saturday and offers visitors a variety of tastes and treats in a very relaxed ambient setting. The Parap Village Market is one of Darwin's longest running markets and provides shoppers with a diverse range of food styles, arts and crafts, unique gifts, artworks and many other items.
- The suburb of Parap is not far away from the Darwin city centre and the Mitchell Street restaurants and nightlife entertainment as well as the Smith Street Mall with its many different shops.
- Between the suburb of Parap and the waterfront you will find Vestys Lake which has lots of walking, cycling and jogging trails located around it. These tracks provide an excellent place to go for a relaxing morning or evening walk or ride during your stay in Darwin.
- Located on the waterfront at Parap is the Darwin Sailing Club. If you are in to yachting then this is a definite place that you must visit during your stay in the Northern Territory.